What’s the Craic at SaaStock?5 min read
SaaStock is about learning. Sitting at incredible sessions filled with insights, opposing opinions, tried and tested tactics and frameworks. Some successful, others not so much.
SaaStock is also about coming together to network, wind down and have fun. There is certainly plenty of reasons why. Which is why we create plenty of opportunities for it. Craic, as we like to call fun in Ireland, has a prominent spot on the agenda. Yes, that does involve partying and the occasional Guinness or two. But because everyone has a different definition of fun, it involves much more.
Early morning runs, brekkies, unusual locations for panels, cool activities at the Expo throughout the day, all concluded with parties lasting well into the night.
Please find below your guide to having fun at SaaStock18. Note that to sign up for most of them you will need to download our event app. If you are registered for SaaStock, you will have an email about it. And if you are not registered, you still have a few days to correct that. But bear in mind we have limited spaces available. So grab a ticket now.
- Best practices internationalising a SaaS Startup. Join the founders of Zendesk, Peakon, Glofox and the Managing Partners of Matrix, Openview and Point Nine for a lunch in Dublin, and ask them your most burning questions about internationalisation. As with last year, Point9 want to make sure to build the right mix of audience, and so restricts the audience to 50 people. To secure your ticket, ask your most burning questions about internationalisation by filling this short Typeform.
- Pub crawls. No Dublin experience is complete without a signature pub crawl. We will have a dozen of them but you do need to be attending a SaaS.City Bootcamp, Startup Program Day or Investock to join. You can still get a ticket for each and the pub crawls starts as soon as the seriousness ends.
- Welcome Party sponsored by Insight Venture Partners. The location for it is Tramline, 21 D’Olier Street, Dublin 2, D02 XY31 and we kick off at 6 pm. Be prepared for signature drinks, a bronze oven that will be shooting out authentic wood-fired pizzas all night and meeting new and old friends. Full wheelchair access as well as wheelchair levels at all bar areas available. Have your ticket ready as you can grab your pass for SaaStock at the door.
- StartupGrind, hosting Reshma Sohoni. For the third year in a roll, we bring one of our speakers for a Startup Grind fireside chat. The community event kicks off at 6:30 in Huckletree D2, which is just around the corner from Tramline. Sign up here
- SaaStock meets SaaS Network Ireland. For the second time in a row, SaaStock meets the SaaS Network Ireland for an exciting session on the Top Mistakes in Building Sales with Steli Efti, Close.io. It’s going to be a super informal and valuable knowledge drop for any SaaS enthusiasts. Sign up here
All day 16th and 17th
- ProfitWell will have a beer tap at their booth
- Teamwork.com will bring their slide back to their booth, which happens to be right by the bar too so, we know that’s going to be interesting.
This is the night of dinners, cocktails and parties. Some of them are invite-only, others open to the public. And then there are the ones that you organise on the spot with a dozen new friends you just made on the day. Plenty of perfectly poured Guinness pints in some class watering holes await you, as well as cuisine from around the world, Just bring the mates.
- Rise and shine early before the conference kicks off to load yourself with endorphins while making new friends with startups and investors. Join the Karma Ventures and Inventure teams for an early morning run. Everyone welcome, meeting point Grand Canal Hotel, 4 Grand Canal Street Upper, Dublin, D04 X5X7 with the run starting at 7.30am. Easy pace to accommodate all participants. And yes, they do know that there is the Official Opening Party an evening before… but hey – this shall not stop you from enjoying a little exercise with them!! Sign up here or on the app
- G2 Crowd Happy Hour on Tuesday, October 16th from 5pm-7pm at the RDS in Hall 1. Just come by no need to sign up
- Watch the footbal match. The Irish football team will be playing against Wales that night so Chargebee, GoCardless and Algolia are bringing all SaaStock football fans to Paddy Cullens, down the road from RDS for a few pints to watch the game, talk SaaS, football and all they have in common. Or not. Sign up here or directly on the app
- Meet the Dutch SaaS ecosystem. VC’s and Dutch SaaS entrepreneurs visiting SaaStock 2018 are having a drink in The Bridge 1859, 13 Ballsbridge Terrace at 7:30 pm and would love to meet international SaaS companies interested in the Dutch market. Sign up here.
- Notion Panel and Discussion on hiring game-changing candidates. Notion will launch their Game Changers report, presenting insights and lessons learned, and sharing experiences from their experts in an open panel discussion. This event is an overview of the things we’ve learnt that will, with luck, help Founders learn what to look for and what to expect from their first big hire. And should provide reassurance that pretty much everyone finds it hard to hire a Game Changer. It’s an endeavour that, while challenging, can ultimately prove invaluable. Starts at 6:15 Herbert Park Hotel. Sign up here or on the app.
- Rub elbows with fellow peers over appetizers and cocktails – courtesy of your friends at Drift, Gainsight, and SalesLoft. Just shoot over to Everleigh Gardens after 7 pm. Register here or on the app.
- Closing Party at Lemon and Duke in the heart of the city. We kick off at 6 pm for a proper farewell after an incredible three days. The address is 1 Royal Hibernian Way, Duke Lane Upper, Dublin 2 and you should prepare for a late one.
That’s all we have for now. More parties may arise in the next few days so make sure you download the app and stay up to date. We have heard that there will be other dinner and drinks receptions that are invite-only, so when you get here, just ask and you never know where the night may take you.
If you don’t have a ticket yet, grab one now before we run out of them.
The First Three Years of a SaaS Business, with Tariq Rauf (Qatalog)
This episode’s guest on the SaaS Revolution Show is Tariq Rauf, Founder & CEO of Qatalog. Tariq discusses the journey of the first 3 years of a SaaS business with Alexander Theuma, CEO of SaaStock. Tariq shares: his journey of coding from a young age the steps he took when starting his first SaaS company…
Accelerating Early SaaS Growth While Building a Sustainable Business
This is a sponsored post by AWS, written by Afza Wajid, Bill Tarr, and Tomaz Perc. Software as a service (SaaS) can be an effective strategy for delivering accelerated growth and increasing the value of a business. This is reflected in publicly traded SaaS companies consistently outperforming market indices such as the NASDAQ and the…
SaaStock EMEA 2021: Our Top Highlights
SaaStock EMEA Online was a great success this year, with: Invaluable learnings and strategies shared by 60+ incredible experts in the SaaS field Two days of jam-packed content sessions One day of actionable and hands-on workshops Here are some of our key highlights from the event… Day 1: People, Runway & Retention Accel Euroscape 2021:…