Recalibrate and scale with fellow founders at SaaSociety Asia5 min read
In what can be rightfully deemed the era of the entrepreneur, we often gravitate towards glorifying founders; their successes and lifestyles. Yet it is becoming increasingly clear that in a lot of cases, the life of the founder is anything but spectacular. Their struggles are often unspoken, and largely remain a personal ordeal.
We were reminded of this very vividly just a few weeks ago at SaaSociety, our private gathering of SaaS founders. The event, which followed after SaaStock LatAm, brought 20 of Latin America’s finest founders together. It was 24 hours filled with content curated around the scale stage of the SaaS journey, including Michelin-star food, and many conversations among peers who rarely have the opportunity to spend quality time in an intimate setting away from distractions. It was a chance to step aside from the grind and recalibrate at the vital point beyond $3M in ARR.
The deeply honest conversations about the experience of growing and scaling a SaaS company in Latin America were a highlight of SaaSociety. The continent has seen an explosion of SaaS and technology in every sense of the word and it was great to take a moment to soak that in.
“I’ve attended many industry events but no other like SaaSociety, for its unique combination of the super interesting people attending and the trust-based open and relaxed environment you’ve managed to create.” – Andres Snitcofsky, Cliengo
From SaaStock’s inception, we have tried to create a platform and a space that is safe for sharing failures and difficulties. Our ethos has never been about just chest bumps and high fives alone, but rather real and authentic stories and experiences that deliver real insight and a touch of closure.
That holds particularly true with SaaSociety, our intimate gathering of founders build for conversations, connection and shared exclusive experiences.
The invite-only event has only one prerequisite: SaaS founders need to have achieved either $3M+ in ARR or have secured Series A funding.
We are now bringing SaaSociety to Asia, whisking away founders to Auberge Discovery Bay for 24 hours of recalibration, learning, networking and honest chats. We have a few seats left on the private boat so make sure you join us before time runs out.
The agenda for SaaSociety Asia
Away from the crowds for 24 hours, founders exchange stories about their journeys, the triumphs, failures and the challenges of scaling a SaaS business. They unwind in beautiful surroundings and connect with their peers through immersive experiences: content sessions, networking dinners, drinks receptions and outdoor activities.
As soon as SaaStock Asia concludes on May 15th we will depart to Discovery Bay on a private boat. Once we arrive, we will enjoy some pre-dinner drinks and networking and will then move onto a 3-course Gala dinner.
On the following day, we will enjoy a private breakfast followed by content sessions lead by Nathan Latka, Florian Cornu, and Cameron Priest who will provide attendees with insights about their journeys that are beyond what you would hear at a public conference. We will follow those discussions with more opportunities to connect and chat. We will bring everyone together to bond over a sizzling Cantonese cooking class just before lunch. Over lunch, you then have one final opportunity to foster those relationships further before heading home.
Why you should attend
Aside from the fact that SaaSociety Asia will be hosted at the luxurious Auberge Discovery Bay where you will find a true oasis and will be surrounded by natural wonders and first-class facilities, there are so many other reasons this retreat is critical for founders:
- Re-charge. Become immersed in a place where you don’t just share business challenges, but also personal ones. Keeping setbacks and failures private doesn’t have to be the way. Not only is this detrimental to physical and mental health but it also deprives you of the opportunity to seek help and advice. By openly sharing with fellow founders, challenges transform into teachers and become catalysts for change. We have created an intimate, supportive and therapeutic space where you can safely share your struggles and get advice from those who have already been there.
- Make friends. For most founders, growing and scaling a SaaS company can be a lonely journey. Through the founders we have met, interviewed and had on stage, we have seen that many of the obstacles are common for everyone. In dealing with them, you are not alone. At SaaSociety, you’ll meet a group of future friends and build a secure network that you can always reach out to in the future.
- Foster lifelong relationships. Human relationships, personal and professional, need care and genuine attention. They won’t stay functional and harmonious without us putting work into them. Perhaps you know some of the founders attending or have them in your network. At SaaSociety you get the chance to nurture those relationships by both opening up about your challenges and having fun.
- Ignite strong partnerships. The intimate and distraction-free nature of SaaSociety allows you to engage in longer and more personal conversations. Those can be the breeding ground for potential business collaborations. We all have heard the saying “people buy from people.” Whilst the primary goal of SaaSociety is not to build such commercial opportunities, a lot of business avenues can be fostered naturally as a result of like-minded people coming together and sharing their challenges. Some of the companies in attendance are CrescoData, Get Latka, Teamwork, Singlegrain, TradeGecko, Future Flow.
- Tailored content for the scale stage. The content sessions at SaaSociety are tailored towards founders who are scaling. Speakers give insights of scale as well as staying sane in the process on equal measure: balancing the work-life dynamic, cultivating well-being, thriving both personally and professionally, and other pressing topics that are becoming critical for growth.
- One more way to enjoy Hong Kong. If you are a founder traveling from abroad, SaaSociety provides one more way to experience the beautiful surroundings of Hong Kong after SaaStock Asia.
” SaaSociety is the best opportunity i’ve experienced to truly connect with other leading entrepreneurs in the SaaS business.” – Gian Martinez, Winnin
Apply for SaaSociety Asia to make sure you are one of the 20 founders that will reap the benefits of the best SaaS founder-only retreat.
The 12 Amazing Partners Bringing Diversity & Inclusion To SaaStock19
While we’re completely committed to ensuring that SaaStock events offer an incredible return on investment, we’re well aware of the fact that a multi-day conference in a foreign country may be an unattainable expense for many. When minorities and marginalized voices are excluded as a result of financial barriers, industry events can rapidly become unrepresentative…
The Start Of Something Big: 20 Startups To Watch
SaaStock has always been about taking things to the next level, be that connections, knowledge or fledgling enterprises. Startups are the lifeblood of the SaaS space, and every year we’re floored at the initiative and creativity of the new businesses that flock through our doors. At the heart of our Dublin event is our Startup…
Nailing Company Culture & Mission: How to Build an Environment Fit for Scale
Remember Enron? A company that went to the highest highs only to have a dizzying fall in 2007. One of the values that Enron had put on the wall was Integrity. In hindsight no one would associate Enron with anything remotely close to integrity. As you heard in the intro, how you reach your objective…