In this episode of the SaaS Revolution Show our host Alex Theuma is joined by Alex Mifsud, co-founder & CEO at Weavr, who shares his lessons in scaling Weavr to 100+ people in 3 years.
“Try to imagine what the ideal, sort of, embedded finance equation of skills and capabilities would be for B2B SaaS businesses not to have to worry about all the complexities of financial services. We work backwards from that. We specifically identified skills that we need – it’s like building a football team, you can’t just have a great goalie, you’ve got to have the scorer, you’ve got to have the midfield players, and you’re curating a lot of that. And yet, you also have to make them work as a team.“
- His role setting up the Malta Internet foundation in the early days of the internet
- How Ixaris used the €80B grant from EU Horizon Program to build what is now called Embedded Finance
- Why Weavr is being frugal with how they deploy their $50 million worth of capital (majority of which is still in the business)
- Delivering success with a smaller team = higher engagement x less communication overheads
- How Weavr’s building performance frameworks that serve a higher purpose
Listen to the full episode, watch the video below and subscribe to the SaaS Revolution Show podcast today.
Watch now, or listen to the audio-only version below:
Listen to the audio now:
If you want similar tips and are looking to achieve success all year round, check out the SaaStock Founder Membership:
A private community of ambitious SaaS founders scaling to $10MM ARR. Get a support network of peers, connect with likeminded founders around the globe, and learn proven strategies from industry experts. Apply now to scale up your SaaS.
Want to join the pioneers at the forefront of The SaaS revolution? Subscribe to our newsletter today to get exclusive content, receive actionable value-based insights and create your Rocketship SaaS.
And if you can’t wait another week for our next podcast, listen to our previous two here: