In this episode of the SaaS Revolution Show, our host Alex Theuma is joined live from the #SaaStock2023 Podcast Stage by April Dunford, founder & CEO at Ambient Strategy, who shares how to craft a story to stand out and win.
“Part of it is opening up the eyes of the customer, looking at the problem in maybe a different perspective or maybe a different way – introducing some concepts that maybe they never thought about. So most sales pitches do not have a section of that pitch that specifically covers discovery. So if you look at when marketing builds a sales pitch, they literally will have this pitch, and if you look at it, you’d be like “well, where does the discovery happen?” and marketing is like “I don’t know, that’s some weird sales thing, maybe they do that before”. And that’s a crazy way to think about discovery – discovery should be something that’s woven into the actual narrative of the pitch itself.”
- Why defining your positioning is key to a good sales pitch (and how to do that!)
- How to contextualise differentiated value to your customers
- How to use the low-hanging fruit of a sales pitch to your advantage
- Why the discovery phase needs to be baked into the setup and structure of the pitch
- The best process for testing a new sales pitch (and why it’s not with existing customers or A/B testing on homepages)
- How to get marketing and sales to build effective pitches together
Listen to the full episode, watch the video below and subscribe to the SaaS Revolution Show podcast today.
Watch now, or listen to the audio-only version below:
Listen to the audio now:
If you want similar tips and are looking to achieve success all year round, check out the SaaStock Founder Membership:
A private community of ambitious SaaS founders scaling to $10MM ARR. Get a support network of peers, connect with likeminded founders around the globe, and learn proven strategies from industry experts. Apply now to scale up your SaaS.
Want to join the pioneers at the forefront of The SaaS revolution? Subscribe to our newsletter today to get exclusive content, receive actionable value-based insights and create your Rocketship SaaS.
And if you can’t wait another week for our next podcast, listen to our previous two here: