Hiring – the pain and the gain of growing from 30 to 100 employees in 24 months or less2 min read
In the latest episode of the SaaS Revolution Show, Alex takes a break from interviewing SaaStock 17 speakers and plays back a panel discussion held at SaaStock 16 on the fuzzy subject of hiring during growth. Probably among the toughest things for any founder and CEO to figure out, finding the right people at the right time and keeping them happy and engaged is the make or break for many companies.
Key topics that come up again and again that companies are concerned about when approaching the stage of rapid growth:
- How do you find the right people to recruit in the first place?
- What kind of processes and best practices can you put in place to help you with that?
- Who should you hire when?
- How can you build a company with a strong sense of culture and team focus when you’re growing so fast?
The panel, moderated by Michelle Williamson, CEO and co-founder of Kommol,takes those questions on and includes:
- Ryan Burke, SVP Sales at InVisionApp. He’s helped them grow from 30 to 230 people in the last two years with a totally remote workforce.
- Rob Long, VP of Product Marketing from Workable. He’s used his recruitment background prior to joining Workable to help them double in the first 12 months he was there and growing from 30 to 110 people in 18 months.
- Michelle Coventry, talent advisor at Spring Partners. She’s been advising early-stage venture capital-backed tech companies on growth and talent acquisition for the last 16 years. She was Head of People and Operations in her last two companies, Listable and StreetTeam. She’s helped them grow from founding companies to 90 people across the U.S. and U.K. and then from 20 to 110-120.
Hiring is one of many tough subjects we will cover at SaaStock 17. Get your ticket now before they run out. Prices increase on Wednesday, September 6th.
Growth Spurt: 40 West Coast Companies With SaaS Saturation Solutions
Ah, growth stage; the difficult second album of the business world. You’ve developed and thoroughly tested a viable concept, obtained seed funding and got the whole operation off the ground. It’s been a colossal effort, but now it’s time to really dig into your energy reserves, preparing to scale successfully, maintaining momentum and sidestepping the…
Returns Policy: The SaaStock Partners Back For More in 2019
Re-runs of your favorite TV show, lost pets, high-quality boomerangs. The best things come back, and this is certainly the case for our returning flagship SaaStock partners, all of whom played a vital role in last year’s conference. We’re delighted to be welcoming them back to Dublin this year for SaaStock19. As our friends from…
Confessions of a serial billion $ category creator
One of the last sessions at SaaStock18 was a bonus one that brought a double dose of Canadian accents – April Dunford in conversation with Mark Organ. Even though they spoke at 420 on the day weed was legalized in Toronto, the topic they covered on the day was category creation. You are listening to…