In the latest episode of the SaaS Revolution Show, Alex takes a break from interviewing SaaStock 17 speakers and plays back a panel discussion held at SaaStock 16 on the fuzzy subject of hiring during growth. Probably among the toughest things for any founder and CEO to figure out, finding the right people at the right time and keeping them happy and engaged is the make or break for many companies.
Key topics that come up again and again that companies are concerned about when approaching the stage of rapid growth:
- How do you find the right people to recruit in the first place?
- What kind of processes and best practices can you put in place to help you with that?
- Who should you hire when?
- How can you build a company with a strong sense of culture and team focus when you’re growing so fast?
The panel, moderated by Michelle Williamson, CEO and co-founder of Kommol,takes those questions on and includes:
- Ryan Burke, SVP Sales at InVisionApp. He’s helped them grow from 30 to 230 people in the last two years with a totally remote workforce.
- Rob Long, VP of Product Marketing from Workable. He’s used his recruitment background prior to joining Workable to help them double in the first 12 months he was there and growing from 30 to 110 people in 18 months.
- Michelle Coventry, talent advisor at Spring Partners. She’s been advising early-stage venture capital-backed tech companies on growth and talent acquisition for the last 16 years. She was Head of People and Operations in her last two companies, Listable and StreetTeam. She’s helped them grow from founding companies to 90 people across the U.S. and U.K. and then from 20 to 110-120.
Hiring is one of many tough subjects we will cover at SaaStock 17. Get your ticket now before they run out. Prices increase on Wednesday, September 6th.