Hiring – the pain and the gain of growing from 30 to 100 employees in 24 months or less2 min read
In the latest episode of the SaaS Revolution Show, Alex takes a break from interviewing SaaStock 17 speakers and plays back a panel discussion held at SaaStock 16 on the fuzzy subject of hiring during growth. Probably among the toughest things for any founder and CEO to figure out, finding the right people at the right time and keeping them happy and engaged is the make or break for many companies.
Key topics that come up again and again that companies are concerned about when approaching the stage of rapid growth:
- How do you find the right people to recruit in the first place?
- What kind of processes and best practices can you put in place to help you with that?
- Who should you hire when?
- How can you build a company with a strong sense of culture and team focus when you’re growing so fast?
The panel, moderated by Michelle Williamson, CEO and co-founder of Kommol,takes those questions on and includes:
- Ryan Burke, SVP Sales at InVisionApp. He’s helped them grow from 30 to 230 people in the last two years with a totally remote workforce.
- Rob Long, VP of Product Marketing from Workable. He’s used his recruitment background prior to joining Workable to help them double in the first 12 months he was there and growing from 30 to 110 people in 18 months.
- Michelle Coventry, talent advisor at Spring Partners. She’s been advising early-stage venture capital-backed tech companies on growth and talent acquisition for the last 16 years. She was Head of People and Operations in her last two companies, Listable and StreetTeam. She’s helped them grow from founding companies to 90 people across the U.S. and U.K. and then from 20 to 110-120.
Hiring is one of many tough subjects we will cover at SaaStock 17. Get your ticket now before they run out. Prices increase on Wednesday, September 6th.
The Hottest Sessions at SaaStock LatAm Online
SaaStock LatAm Online has been planned and developed in collaboration with SaaS leaders from the region and internationally, designed to help the SaaS community of South America refocus priorities, overcome new obstacles, and help their companies gain traction, growth, and scale. We’ve hand-picked some of the hottest sessions for SaaS founders and leaders looking for…
Larry Gadea (Envoy): Building SaaS products for the post-COVID workplace
Larry Gadea, CEO and founder at Envoy is this week’s guest on The SaaS Revolution Show. He founded Envoy in 2013 to start a ‘revolution for the workplace’. Envoy is building smart tools to help offices run more smoothly – like welcoming visitors, receiving mail, and booking meeting rooms. But a global pandemic that closes…
The Ultimate Guide to Running an Online Conference: How We Pivoted, Pulled It Off, and How You Can Too
This guide will walk you through how we ran SaaStock Remote, and what you need to consider when planning and running your own online conference or event. It’s pretty long, so use the contents and the navigation links throughout to jump to the sections you’re most interested in. Throughout we’ll mix together the how-we-did-this tales…