Tom Lyons, Business Editor, Sunday Business Post chats to Siraj Khaliq, Co-founder of The Climate Corporation, a company he sold to Monsanto for $1.1 billion.
The Climate Corporation brought climate data science to growing crops, using the $3 trillion economic price attached to weather.
Aside from choosing such a lucrative problem to solve, what are the 5 key moves to get to a billion dollar exit and how to execute it? Watch the video recorded at SaaStock 16 to learn:
- How to sustain a willingness to pivot and actually execute it
- Why you should wait for the big problem to solve
- Why you should let the wrong people as early as possible but pay dearly for the good people
- How to chose your business model to get the most sales and how to swallow your pride
- Why the best term sheet is not necessarily the best investment opportunity and what else you should look for beyond the money.