This week of the SaaS Revolution Show, we devote the entire episode to Customer Success. Alex Theuma takes you on a journey that spans from the stages of SaaStock 16 and 17 through to SaaStock on Tour Helsinki and New York to pick up some of the best stories and advice from Customer Success practitioners.
The episode is divided into four parts. The first part defines Customer Success, helps you figure out when is the best time to start with it, and looks at how companies like Slack and Drift kicked it off.
In the second part, our speakers cover how to build and scale a customer success team and how to figure out the compensation for CSMs.
We then look at the all important metrics that measure the efforts and help you adjust.
Finally, the episode brings you ideas about what customer success programs could look like and how to enable them. Some obvious, some not so.
Throughout the episode, you will hear quotes and excerpts from Dan Steinman from Gainsight, David Apple from Typeform, Rav Dhaliwal from Slack, Julie Hogan from Drift, Dave Blake from Client Success, Michelle Danis from Datadog, Jane Medeiros from NewsCred and Lauren Crocetti from Yext.
Customer success basics
In this segment you will learn the basics of customer success and get answers to key questions such as:
- When should companies start thinking about it
- How a company like Slack started off with customer success:
- What should be the first thing on the Customer Success manager’s mind
- How no company is immune from being a little too “us” than “them” and how a company like Drift addresses that.
Building and scaling the CS team
After that we get into the nitty gritty of building the customer success team. Our speakers give insights on:
- How do you start with building the team
- How do you scale and evolve it
- How should compensation be made
- How do you make sure it never gets siloed
Measuring Customer success
With an idea of what customer success is and how to build the team, it’s important to bring in some clarity about the metrics that are important to be tracked. In that segment you will learn:
- What are the different metrics throughout the different stages of the company you should look at
- How do you measure when you are growing with the speed of light
- How to make sure you are measuring the right metrics
The customer success programs
At the final segment of the show, we put everything together and showcase how customer success programs could look like. You will understand:
- How to enable customer success initiatives
- How to tie the program to the customer journey
- Examples of initiatives that are less ordinary but as effective
Almost everyone you will hear from on the Customer Success Radio Hour will join us at SaaStock18. Dave Blake and Dan Steinman will be returning and we will also welcome Boaz Arbel, VP Customer Success at logz.io who will draw analogies from the Pilot-Navigator Cockpit relationship to the Sales — Customer Success relationship. They will be covering the newest trends and practices in customer success.
A 100 other speakers will bring tons of valuable content during the three days in Dublin. We have just released our full agenda.
As a listener, we genuinely want you to be part of the SaaStock global community we are building. For one time only, we are offering 300 euros off of passes until the end of July. Tune in the episode to get the code. Then grab a ticket and join 3000 new friends in Dublin in October 15th to the 17th.