HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES
SaaStock is aware and keeping abreast of the current threat the COVID-19 outbreak poses to all of our events, both local and international. Our priority has always been and will continue to be the health and safety of our community of speakers, delegates, employees, sponsors and suppliers.
We are following the World Health Organization’s containment strategy and are working to take measures to reduce the risk of disease transmission. Due to the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the globe, we are updating our internal policies and event strategies with immediate effect.
If you have purchased a ticket to any of our events, please visit our updated terms and conditions.
- Increase awareness of the COVID-19 situation to our event audience via pre-event marketing and using onsite visual signage.
- Offer more opportunities at our events to maintain high levels of personal hygiene.
- Disperse pre-registration disclaimers to attendees to confirm that they have not visited high risk territories.
- Participate in community-wide emergency preparedness activities.
- Build relationships with local public health departments, community leaders, venues, suppliers, hotels, transportation companies where possible and collaborate with them on broader planning efforts where feasible.
- Contact the relevant local public health department for a copy of their outbreak response and mitigation plan for the respective community.
- Identify and address potential language, cultural, and disability barriers associated with communicating COVID-19 information to event staff and participants.
Onsite Preparedness Strategy
There will be:
- Medics will be onsite at all times.
- Hand sanitiser pump stations supplied throughout our venues.
- A plan to have extra supplies on hand for event staff and participants where possible, including sinks with soap, tissues, and disposable facemasks (for persons who start to suffer from any symptoms).
- A no handshaking rule - why not try the SaaSy elbow tap instead.
- Instructional signage on how attendees can protect themselves and others.
- Increased cleaning services at venues.
- Discouragement of any people who are sick from attending events and a designated space for staff and participants who may become sick and cannot leave the event immediately.
- Reduce the number of staff needed such as staggering shifts for staff who support essential functions and services during events.
- Work with partners, such as local hospitals, to create a plan for treating staff and participants who do not live nearby. Include a plan for separating and caring for vulnerable populations.
- The event organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to someone that visibly displays a related illness.
- SaaStock to avoid all non-essential business travel
- Increased awareness and updates regarding the status of the virus.
- Signage displayed in social areas regarding how to protect yourself and others from getting sick.
- Increased focus on office cleanliness (e.g. wiping down surfaces, using hand sanitiser before and after handling kitchen equipment).
- Staff encouraged to work from home where possible and in person meetings to be held via conference call or rescheduled where possible.
We are committed to ensuring that both internally and externally, Saastock are implementing measures to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19.
- SaaStock LatAm which was due to take place in May 2020 has been postponed to September 1st & 2nd 2020.
- SaaStock North America is postponed to June 2021. Exact dates to follow
- SaaStock Asia & Australasia will be merged into one event, SaaStock APAC, taking place in November 2020
- All SaaStock Local events will be postponed for at least eight weeks
** COVID-19 Update: 11th March 2020**
If a SaaStock event is postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak, your ticket will be transferable to the postponed date later in the year.
In the event that you are unable to make the postponed date, you also have the option to transfer your ticket to another SaaStock conference. Please email [email protected] for more information on this.
If there is a special circumstance that prevents you from being able to attend the postponed date or to transfer your ticket to another event, you may request a refund via the above e-mail. We will endeavour to honour your request as soon as possible, but please bear with us in this busy period.
Please note, this is an exception to standard policy due to the extenuating circumstances, and once the situation is deemed to have improved, we will revert to usual policy (as outlined in our Refund and Cancellation Policy below). Any requests made for refunds prior to this will be honoured.